Monday, June 15, 2009

Lord of Misrule by, Rachel Caine

"Morganville. Texas. Just south of normal. In the college town of Morganville, vampires and humans coexist in (relatively) bloodless harmony. Then comes Bishop, a master vampire who threatens to abolish all order, revive the forces of the evil dead, and let chaos rule. But Bishop isn't the only threat. Violent black clouds promise a storm of devastating proportions. As student Claire Danvers and her friends prepare to defend Morganville against the elements - both natural and unnatural - the unexpected happens: Morganville's vampires begin to vanish one by one. Discovering why leads Claire to one last choice: swear allegiance to Bishop...or die." - from Amazon.com

To my surprise, this book wasn't your typical vampire novel. It had much depth and story-line that made me shift on the edge of my seat. Rachel proved that her vampire series is a series to look out for. Now, I am not saying I do not like the Twilight series; I actually love the series, but I think you can't compare these two. Like my favorite teacher says; I like pineapples and I like pears. They're both my favorite fruits, but I can't say I like one more than the other. See, what I mean? I definitely recommend this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment